Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Thought of the Day

"For the American people are a very generous people and will forgive almost any weakness, with the possible exception of stupidity."Will Rogers



I think the tide may be turning on this one. The current state of our economy may have been caused by stupidity but I think it was mostly CORPORATE GREED and the feeling that the upper echelons of the business world and our government are above the rest of us peons and think they are above the law. They truly believe it.

I work in health care and we are now not even allowed to accept a box of donuts from our drug reps. Look at the legislative branch and they are accepting money and "campaign contributions" from PACS and corporations. Maybe it is time for us to demand that they be required to live under the same rules that are expected of us, the taxpaying citizens of this country. We are developing a tier system of rules and regulations.

I think the quote I like the best is from Thomas Jefferson:

"Dissent is the highest form of patriotism" Maybe it is time for dissention again.

4 comments:

  1. Being dependent on Humana or medicare and trying to find a doctor to go to after calling 5 the 6th took me. I have worked hard all of my life and paid taxes and all I can say that kind of treatment is wrong What the future holds is hard to say.


    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. As to my grandaughter just getting a computer, no she did not have one before. My kids were brought up to work for everything they got because I came from a very POOR family. My kids brought up their kids the same way. Michelle is just 23 and has 2 babies so her kids came first. Her husband works hard but she stays home with the kids. I am very prouid of her for her ability to put her kids first. Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouldn't it be great if they couldn't accept gifts too. At my last job, we couldn't have donuts or lunchs from any of the reps who came to visit us either. We used to and then it all changed. And this wasn't in the medical field but in the travel industry. It's really a shame.

    Yes, corporate greed is to blame for sure. They've gotten away with so much for so long it truly is time that changes and they be held accountable.

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think people are pretty fed up right now, that's for sure.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete