Saturday, May 19, 2012

VERIZON WIRELESS MOTOROLA DROID 4

 

On Thursday all was well in my Smartphone world.   I had a virtually new  (Purchased in February 2012)   Motorola Droid 4.  This WAS a great phone. 

On Thursday I sent a text message to my daughter and noted that the phone battery was low so I plugged it in to my official charger that came with the above phone.   Several hours later when I unplugged the phone it appeared to be dead…..I did manage to resurrect it but the screen was frozen.

Called customer service, we played with it and the tech support people said they would send me another phone to replace my four month old Droid, but it would take five days.

WHAT??????  I NEEDED A PHONE, ESPECIALLY SINCE I WOULD BE GOING ON A FIVE HOUR DRIVE TO MY DAUGHTERS HOUSE.

Well, they could overnight it for a mere cost of $12.99.  What is my other option?  I did not want to be driving through the wilds of Pennsylvania without a phone.  What if I broke down or had an accident???

I paid the $12.99 and  I must admit the phone was here in less that 24hours delivered by Fed EX.   All was going to be wonderful, or so I thought.   The tech person said I had to open the phone and change out the two cards, easy enough.   But I needed the little plastic “Key” to push down the button to release the lock.  

I could not find the alleged key.  So off to the Verizon Wireless store I trekked.  The young women was very nice and knowledgeable and was able to open the back of the phone with a paper clip,  I must admit it was a two person procedure.  

She showed me how to remove and replace the two cards.   Simple enough, I can do that.    Back home to reinstall some things and plugged the phone in to recharge.

In the morning I retrieved my “new”phone, which was  really a “refurbished” phone and the battery indicated said 70%   WHAT???   By the time I got out the door one our later it had dropped to 60%   So, I plugged it into my faithful and reliable car charger and after one and a half hours it was still 60% and it dropped down to 30% very quickly.   The sucker is not holding a  charge.  

Back home and re-plugged the phone which was now at 30% and five hours later it is still 30%. GRRRRRRRRRRRR.     No wonder a person returned this phone,   it really does not hold the charge.    The indicator gave evidence that it is charging, but it is not.   

I am not very happy.   It irritates me that they would send me a “refurbished” phone to replace a virtually new one.   My next step it to take the phone back and possibly to post my displeasure on Facebook.   I have wasted many hours in vain and should not have to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment