Wednesday, October 15, 2008

WEATHER MAP

I was perusing the weather map, and I can see the rain from Toledo OH to Brownsville TX. It looks like a huge storm. I wish it would get here. My lawn is dry, and the sky is a steel grey, and it is a humid as could be without a drop of water falling. I think right now it is 70 F. I refuse to turn the A/C on. Besides, today I just collected them and put them in the basement.

Basements, that is an interesting topic. We have lived in a lot of places, and I think Western PA has the market cornered on them. I was surprised to find out that most people do not have a basement. My question is, WHERE DO THEY PUT THEIR SPECIAL STUFF, aka, JUNK. The stuff that you will probably never use again and is too good to throw away? Most likely, no one will want it either. If it was any good you could sell it on eBay. We have a lot of that too. We have just been collecting for the past 20 years.


Before that we were moving all over the world and country and we had to pitch it before the next move. I say it is mostly Chucks and he says it is mostly mine. It probably is 50/50; oh, wait I take that back. Probably 25/25/50 with the 50 part belonging to Emily. I will be happy when she flies the nest and takes the stuff with her. I will give her a bit of time and then what remains goes to the Thrift Store......Or maybe I should start this week !!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I don't know what I'd do without a basement...not just for junk storage, but because we live in a place that has tornadoes! When we started looking for a house, one of my few must-haves was a basement!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to believe that you are not getting any rain. We got a good soaking here today in Indiana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get the rain you need, we are in need of rain as well. I don't know what I would do without a basement!! Every house I've ever lived in here in Eastern PA has had a basement. You are right though that we tend to save things we may otherwise throw away if we didn't have the room.

    ReplyDelete