Sunday, March 29, 2009

PLAYING WITH PHOTO SOFTWARE

 

Phipps2009 083

I was up early when thunder woke me up.  The weather has been in the fifties and today a cold front is coming through.  I think it is the same one that dumped snow on the Midwest.  There is a forecast for snow showers tomorrow.  I am  really looking forward to that…….LOL

I was playing with the photo editing software that I have.   Since my brother in law replaced my hard drive and reinstalled XP I can now use it on my old computer.   It is called Microsoft Digital Imaging Suite, it is no longer being sold.    I could not use it on Vista, so it was basically useless, until the XP reinstall.   

So, the photo above was taken at the Flower Show.   I was playing with the Macro feature and some of the pictures were blurred.  So, what does one do with a blurred photo.  I made a water color image and it looks pretty good.   There were a few other blurred pictures so I will see what I can do with the filters.  

Today Emily and I are going to the Zenith Cafe for their Sunday Brunch.   It is a vegetarian restaurant.   The food is phenomenal and we go there every once in awhile.   I invited Chuck to go but he would rather not go.    I told the waitress that they should publish a cookbook because I would buy it.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I never thought of doing that with blurred photos, but that's a great idea! Your effort turned out beautiful.

    I have a program for editing that I use, but for some reason it stopped working on this computer, and I haven't taken the time to figure out why. In the meantime, I've been using Paint.net, and find it every bit as good. (It's nothing like Photoshop, but I don't want to spend the money on Photoshop!) Paint.net is made by Microsoft, so I bet it's similar to what you were using. Best of all, it's downloadable for FREE!

    Have a good Sunday!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Claudia. The sun is shining here today and it is nearly 50. Still plenty cheerful compared to what we have had. Lucy

    ReplyDelete