Wednesday, April 29, 2009

SINGING ODE TO JOY

After two weeks and much aggravation I am happy to report I am back on my computer. I spent a few days last week, talking to IM-ing tech support of AOL. We deleted, we reinstalled things in the very deep bowels of this computers files, and I searched all those things that most people did not know it existed. There were AOL files, with in files, within other files. I right clicked on the AOL icon on the lower bar, and it came up with one click fixes. I clicked on everything that mentioned connectivity. I got notice of about 4 instances of the virus .....Winstartpage22.zz again. So I know that AOL has been breached and had viruses in their downloads. My search and destroy CA antivirus was working overtime on that....

While in the bowels on who knows what folder I came across a file that contained the dreaded "AOL will not download the files needed to complete installation" When click upon it would take you no where....I think this was part of the virus...so, I deleted this file. Then I reinstalled AOL from a disc and now voila, it connects. And the favorites are there as well. I am in blogging and Internet searching NIRVANA. My Karma must be good today. Now I can catch up and see what my peeps are doing.


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that mess is now behind you dear friend. Welcome back! (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that your problem with aol is over. Absolutely beautiful plant there. What kind is it?? Good luck in the future. Lucy

    ReplyDelete