Saturday, July 11, 2009

Tuesdays Adventure

Tuesday dawned bright and sunny.   Our schedule was to revisit Lenoir because of the closed stores on Monday.   We went to a knitting store Chix With Stix  Emily bought some yarn and I bought some so Emily can make me a hat.   Hats and scarves generally take one skein each.   It need not be done till it is cold.   We perused also books stores and some antique stores and a few galleries.   

Then lunch at a delicious, an inexpensive Mexican Restaurant and then on to meet Jane, a friend and coworker of Sarah’s.  We went for a short drive and found quite a interesting place.   The shop it self was in a large metal building.   This was a no frills place but inside it was filled to the brims with antiques stored as collections.   We spent a long time there, Jane was looking for old metallic tins that she used in making jewelry.

She sells her jewelry at Etsy and a boutique in Richmond.    Jane said right now it is fun and she doesn’t want it to become work.

Things for sale.

North Carolina 2009PART TWO 002

North Carolina 2009PART TWO 003 North Carolina 2009PART TWO 005 North Carolina 2009PART TWO 006

Emily found pillows, I bought candle sticks, and Jane found more tins.   I

think someone found something to buy.

Our last stop of the day was for ice cream at Udderly delicious.  It was the best I have tasted in quite awhile.

North Carolina 2009PART TWO 015

I especially like the planters:

North Carolina 2009PART TWO 014

After the ice cream it was enough for the day.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun day! I especially like the Singer... looks exactly like the one my grandmother had. We still have it. I think it's been hard trying to find one of the belts for it.

    Cheers, Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Singer sewing machine and would love to have that. It sounds like you had a great day. Udderly delicious...so cute!

    ReplyDelete