Saturday, January 9, 2010

MORE SNOW ON TOP OF THE OLD SNOW

If I thought I was crazy then, it is worse now. Wait, not really, I have off today and that makes all the world of difference......

We had an additional eight inches. We are in the foothills of the Allegheny Mountains and we get more that the Pittsburgh International Airport, where the standard for Allegheny County is measured. When it calls for snow I average the amount forecast between the airport and the mountains and have a good guesstimation of what it will be.

Emily and I shoveled the driveway and walkway yesterday. Actually, I am 90% finished. With my exercise induced asthma I forgot to use the inhaler and got short of breath. So I quit, went inside and sat down. Perhaps I will finish today.

Today Emily is going to an Open House at Childrens Hospital of Pittsburgh. She got an A in her Peds/OB Unit. This wasn't her first choice, but she did well and liked the hospital I think she was worries she would find it hard to work with sick children. But, a job there would be good. I am going too, but I am going to the Carnegie Library and look for dead people. The have a large Genealogy Collection so I will search for relatives.

It appears she will be there about four hours. They will have an introduction, tour and then some of the nursemanagers from the different units will talk and lastly there will be a benefit unit and questions and answers. She did do a clinical rotaiton and liked the hospital I hope it goes well.

Now I just have to figure who to look for today.....



No comments:

Post a Comment