Saturday, February 27, 2010

IT HAPPENED AGAIN, NO WHOOPS INVOLVED

They had been threatening us again for several days and DAMN it materialized....just like they had said.  Who, you may ask, the NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE  that's who.

The Northeast has gotten socked again, but in Western PA we got just a dusting.  Actually, it was about eight inches, but after this snowy February, that was a mere  drop in the bucket.  

The weather prognosticators are calling to be on the lookout for floods.   It seems that the snow on the  ALLEGHENY MOUNTAINS east of us has not begun to thaw.   We are in the watershed of the Alleghenies, at some point about midway the watershed changes and the runoff goes to the CHESAPEAKE BAY   Currently, there is about 4 to 5 feet of snow in the higher elevations.

The authorities are telling the people who live in the flood prone areas to start emptying their basements of their treasures.....do they really need to be told that, one would think if they had an ounce of brains they would be able to deduce that plan of action.

I am also happy to report that the Borough of P..was up bright and early yesterday plowing my street.   This was after two visits and a few, scathing but polite emails, (I did not use any bad words,) and I really could have used a few.

Today I am off and I decided to tackle the snow issues by reading the morning paper with a cup of tea and then onto the computer with another cup of tea and an English muffin. 

Do they really make those American style English Muffins in the UK? Or is it an American invention and given an Continental name to make it sound better?  Anyhow, I like mine with peanut butter and jam. 

I also need to return my books to the Library, but I think the snow removal should be my first priority, or then maybe not.....

 

1 comment:

  1. I think you can safely assume the English muffin is very different to the American English muffin ;0)

    ReplyDelete