Tuesday, November 23, 2010

AT OUR HOUSE

We are trying to get ready for two events.   The first being Thanksgiving and the second, moving Emily to the wilds of Northern PA. 

This year I bought two turkey breasts.   It just seemed easier that way, there is a lot of waste with the whole bird.   At Pounds Turkey Farm  which is a short drive from my home.   They are antibiotic and hormone free, I bought a turkey the last time I had Thanksgiving Dinner and it was so moist and good.

I went to the store this morning and somehow,even though I had a list, I keep forgetting items.  I will probably stop for something else before Thursday.  It is nice to have off the week of a holiday.   It just gives me more time to procrastinate.

Tomorrow, early, the kid an I will go to Ikea, she has a list of kitchen things that she needs to set up her house.   She said she would drive, or I said OK

On the menu is turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, green bean casserole, cauliflower, gravy and cranberry sauce.   My sister Shawnna is peeling and cooking 10 pounds of potatoes and my sister Kathy is making dessert.   My brother Richard is bringing the green bean casserole and brothers Thomas and William are bringing their appetites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment