Thursday, December 29, 2011

BACK TO THINKING AND POSTING.

 

I do not know what the problem is but I, again, have not been posting.   It is almost the new year and I decided not to make any resolutions because I do not keep them.

However, I have decided that we need to eat better and get some exercise.   I want to post on this blog what food changes I make.   Theoretically, if I post it perhaps I can keep on with the change.

Pecan Chicken, this meal is from a Chinese cookbook that I have owned for about twenty eight years.    It contains a red and green pepper, pecans and chicken in smaller chunks.

  The recipe calls to deep fry the pecans, but that would be a higher in calories and a waste of oil.    You sauté the pecans and then add the peppers, after a few minutes they are removed and then chicken is placed in the hot wok.    When the chicken is cooked you add the pepper and pecan mixture and all the prescribed sauce.    This is served with steamed white rice,   after the rice is gone I plan to buy brown rice because of its better nutritional value.

I did not get any exercise today, but plan to do that soon.   I love the wok, my wok is about thirty five years old and I just recently got a newer one that is smaller and has wooden handles.   I kept burning my finger on the old wok.  

I saw a show on television and it talked about how difficult it is to find the old carbon steel woks.  Now I have two.

Any recipes will be published upon request, or perhaps I will just publish the Pecan Chicken recipe tomorrow.   For dinner tomorrow you will just have to wait and see.  That means it is not planned yet….

No comments:

Post a Comment