Monday, December 31, 2012

BACK AMONG THE HEALTHY

After a bout with a cold that developed into bronchitis I am happy to say I am on the mend.  

We spent Christmas with my daughter, she had to work but we did get some things done around the house.  The motion detector security light was burned out, so that got repaired.   I did the watching of the procedure.       We cleaned out the attic and put a primer-sealer on the wall paper on the upstairs landing.  

The wall paper was old and we did not want to try to pull it off and the paint people assured we could paint over it if we sealed it first.   It was an oil based product which had a bad smell, we had to open the window and the door to ventilate the hallway.

The day after Christmas it started to snow and we got about ten inches, and it snowed the next day a few more.   After we left Emily moved her car to the front of the driveway and it snowed again.   At lease now she could get the car out of the driveway and  on to the street.   I do not think she will be able to park in the back until the spring thaw.

The trip home was uneventful, but I expected that with the Subaru.   It is suppose to start to snow tonight and a bit tomorrow.   It will also get colder, into the single digits.




3 comments:

  1. gLAD YOU ARE healthy again. Joe is just now getting a little energy back. Have a Happy New Year Claudia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got my glasses at Shopko, not at a place like we went when we had insurance. This is not the best fitting but they are cheap plus I had a gift certificate from my son and they used AARP.

      Delete
  2. Our snow is gone. It rained yesterday and the night before but it has turned cold.

    ReplyDelete