Wednesday, February 19, 2014

MR. HENRY.


ChristmasandTreeTriming 001
Henry was my buddy.  I found him at the Western Pennsylvania Human Society in 1999.  Henry was such a small red kitten with the biggest meow.  I guess he wanted out of that cage; I chose two kittens that day.

Lucy is the other cat, who currently is sleeping in front of the furnace vent.  When the heat comes on that is where you would find them. Molly is our third cat, they are all now old girls.  We adopted two cats because our older two cats had died earlier that year and I was ready to look for two new kittens.   I wanted two because they would be able to entertain each other.

When they first came home we made a bed in the downstairs because I wanted them close to the litter boxes.   One evening, after kitten bedtime, I heard scratching at the door.   To what to my wondering eyes should appear but little Henry walking in the living room.  He appeared to be smiling.   I had to get up and walk over to the steps to see if the door was open.  It was closed, how in the world did he squeeze himself under the door?   

That trick did not last very long, because in  few days they had the run of the house and Henry got bigger.  A few years ago my daughter send me a lint to a U tube


This is how I imagined it happened.


He sometimes got into mischief, like the day he knocked over the Christmas tree.  I wish I had a video of that. I think he had a watch, because every morning he would come meowing to feed him in the morning.   Henry would sit on the back of the couch and groom everybody's head, need it or not.

His two favorite things to do was eat and look out the window. He also would lay down beside me on the couch while I was on the computer or reading. When the cat was younger he would jump up on to the window sill and survey the back yard.  As he got older he had trained me to place him up there by meowing as he stood under it.

He got sick on Saturday and the word was that he was in kidney failure.  Despite IV fluids and medication he got worse and passed away on Sunday.   My husband had to dig a hole in the cold, cold earth and we buried him outside the window where he love to sit and watch the world go by.

I miss my buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment