Sunday, January 11, 2009

FREEZING RAIN MATERIALIZED


Each morning Chuck likes to go out for breakfast and his coffee. He takes the newspaper and sits and reads and drinks coffee. If we go out to breakfast we take two cars. I find sitting reading the paper and drinking the ultimate boredom, I would rather sit on the couch, feet propped up and leisurely drink my tea. After the cuppa is brewed I have the choice of reading the paper or checking my email. I must admit that working interferes with this tea drinking and reading habit.


This morning he went to go and toss one of the Sunday papers to me, and his discovery was that what looked like a bit of snow was actually disguised the frozen rain underneath. With that discovery I can say that those 9 inches of snow which feel farther north looks better and better.


I made my tea and checked on the laundry and I could still hear him scratching at the windshield. I looked out the door and there he was scrapping my windshield. Bless his heart, that was the sweetest thing. I have to go to the grocery store so I guess I will throw the salt on the driveway and be on my way. As soon as I motivate myself to get off the couch.
The picture was taken in Niagara On Yhe Lakes in Ontario about 10 years ago. I had started to do a water color picture of it. Guess I should drag out my paints and start again. But I need a place to set them so I do not have to put everything away when I am finished for the day.






3 comments:

  1. stay safe in that freezing rain! what a pretty picture of the flowers! it would make a nice watercolor!

    enjoy your week ahead

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you are grateful, I assume that Chuck was scraping your window. Bless his liver! He's a champ in my books.

    ;^) Jan the Gryphon
    http://gryph-wotd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Chuck! Scraping the frost off your window too. Now that's unspoken love...isn't it?
    I fee guilty now that you mention you might do some water colouring. I should spend some time at that too instead of the 'puter so much.
    Stay warm and snug...with your feet up and a nice cuppa.
    Hugs
    Jeanie xxx

    ReplyDelete