Wednesday, March 11, 2009

LAST FEW DAYS WERE TEASERS

The weekend was superb....and it was just a teaser. Saturday and Sunday were warm, even earlier this week was OK. Today started out at 65F at 05:30 this morning and when I left work at 5 PM it was 44, and by the looks of the weather map it will be down in the 20's tonight.

Work is about the same. I was working with a grad student and he and I did 6 pediatric ENT cases this morning. The children needed ear tubes and tonsillectomies. Everything went well. Work has been sort of slow and then very busy. I am wondering if the slow down is related to people with insurance, now are postponing surgery because they may have lost the insurance???? I have to watch it more closely...

Emily has one more week of her current rotation and then her finals. Penn State is on spring break this week, and the Nursing School has three more weeks before their spring break. So, she did not have one complete week off. I am interested in where she goes first next term. When that term ends at the end of June she will have off for six weeks. She does not know what she will do in that short period of time. I am off one of those weeks too. I would love to go to the beach but I do not think that will be happening. She said she would play in the 4th July concert and maybe we can do some things in Western Pa. I will look and see what I can find to do....I have always wanted to go and see Gettysburg, maybe we can do that.

A good thing about the time change is now when I leave at 5 it is not dark outside. I find it depressing to go to work and come home in the dark. We stopped at a local restaurant after work and it is still light outside.

I guess this is all I know that is happening around here. The past month things have been pretty mundane. I guess that is OK.

1 comment:

  1. That is true when you work, daylight savings time is nice. I laughed at your comment on my blog. Lucy

    ReplyDelete