Friday, March 6, 2009

Warm and Sunny

Warm and Sunny
Today was very warm and sunny. A few more days like this will lift me out of my doldrums...My ideal weather would be cool enough after sundown that I may need a light sweater and warm enough during the day that I could go without it.Today Chuck and I attended a PALS class, that is Pediatric Advanced Life Support. It is given for prehospital and hospital providers. http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=3012001Initially a two day course is taken and then after every two years a review is given and a then another certifying class. It is an all day affair. But it is vital when dealing with critically children. I hope I never have to use what I have learned.Tomorrow is to be warm and sunny too. We are going to an reirement party for my friend Patty. When I retire I do not want any party. I do not really like parties, and do not like the crying and all the hoopla. I am the sort of person who likes to keep a low profile. I do not attend the Holiday Parties nor do I want to. I just do not like getting dressed up and socializing with the people I work with.Emily is doing well, she is soon going to start Psych and ER. Then Peds and OB, CCU and ICU and then Nursing Management and graduation. I think both she and I will be glad when she is off the payrole

1 comment:

  1. I hope these days continue. I'm enjoying the weather and find myself opening windows even with the cool temp. to air out the house. Spring can't come soon enough. I loved the Dickens poem in your last entry dear friend!(Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete