Wednesday, October 21, 2009

IRKED AGAIN

Today I decided to look for a annuity from a hosptial which I had worked for 10 years and had, sort of, lost track of. (I know never to end a sentence with a preposition, but could not think of anything but "of which I had lost track???")

The last correspondence was a change of address when I had moved to Texas in 1984 (WOW). So, my being off today I decided to track that annuity. The main reason was the fact that the hospital was to be closed as of January 31, 2010. That prompted me to look for the money.

The paper work I had stated that it was with CIGNA. I called CIGNA and they no longer had the annuity but it had been sold to Prudential. I called Prudential and had had to jump thru 20 hoops with the mechanical bitch telling me to enter my SSN and pin. She did not understand my SSN, and I would have liked to rip out her throat at that point in time..... I must have entered my SSN five times, and she told me she did not understand it five time. After arguing with her, telling her I wanted to talk to a human, the voice said she would connect me to help.

I REALLY HATE THE FREAKING MESSAGES TELLING ME TO PRESS ONE OR WHAT EVER...WHAT I WANTED TO DO WAS TALK TO A HUMAN, PREFERABLY ONE WHOSE NATIVE LANGUAGE WAS ENGLISH.

Honestly, I was on the damn phone and using up my minutes for 45 of them.....After much aggravation I talked to Peter who was able to send me to Melissa who helped me with the problem.....As it goes the fund was sent to Prudential and they had no record of my annuity, but they did have the records of the hospital in question. They called them and no one answered the phone (NO BIG SURPRISE THERE), but Melissa followed thru, took my information, and they have to research it and it will take 20 days.

How in the world did CIGNA miss sending me the information that it was sold to Prudential??? If I had not followed up on this, they would have written it off and the money lost......How do they lose track of someone???

My Alma Matter from college never loses track of me. AHA perhaps only the people who want to collect money from you are really on the ball with your latest address.....what a surprise that is no doubt. Well, I gave Melissa my address, two phone numbers and I did receive a Case Number of this so I can follow up. The money is not great, I worked 10 years for this organization and hopefully it will be enough to pay the taxes on my house when I retire.

Never the less I feel there is more aggravation to follow. Will keep posted here.

No comments:

Post a Comment