Wednesday, December 23, 2009

December 23, 2009

Out and about this morning just trying to get things done.   You have to get up early here.   Chuck is working his usual 12 hours today and an 8 hour shift tomorrow.   This is the first I remember having of Christmas week.    I did my vegetable shopping this morning and still forgot the thyme, so I have to go out tomorrow.  Luckily the super market is just 5 minutes away.  At least we put the tree up yesterday and had wine and cheese for munchies and then watched   JULIE AND JULIA  on Comcast.   I wondered how much weight Julie and her husband gained that year while cooking French food????

I took two cats to the vet for their check ups.   Henry growled like a mountain lion in the back  of the car, and Lucy defecated (as usual) in the travel carrier.   The only thing that is good about that is you have a fresh specimen.    The vet always wants that.   For two senior cats they are in good shape.   Just once a year is too long for me.  I took them in two separate carriers because having them fight would be too much.   I get tired of the hissing and growling.

Traffic is a mess, it took me twice the usual travel time to get to the vets and back home, made worse by the protestations in the back. 

1 comment: