Thursday, February 3, 2011

DOOM AND GLOOM

Weather forecast that is, is over and done for South Western PA.   After listening to the forecast since Saturday or Sunday in my neck of the woods it was essentially a non event.

That may be due to the fact that I did not have to go to work on Tuesday....I did hear of ice and accidents.   Somehow, they never cancel work. 

The major icing did not happen and on Tuesday it was warm enough to warm and melt a lot of the ice.  The ice on my driveway was about an inch and down at the bottom it was about two inches thick.   

When I got home from work today it seems that the melting occurred at the bottom of the ice and it was cracking and there was space underneath.    I got out my metal shovel, I do not know what kind of shovel it is but it done the job.   I was able to spend about a half hour hitting the ice, breaking it off, and tossing it in the yard and out of the driveway. 

The driveway is virtually free of snow and ice and I like it that way.   No ice on the steps or sidewalk.   Most of the snow melted on the roof and the melting water is about finished.

I can not believe that the groundhog said it will be an early spring. It remains to be seen, but I have a hard time believing a large rodent with a weather forecast.

1 comment:

  1. We got snow and ice and drifting but the bulk of it went around us. We got plenty though. I am not venturing out yet because looks are deceiving.

    ReplyDelete