Friday, May 13, 2011

UP AND RUNNING

 

Imagine the dismay this morning where thousands of people warmed up their computer to check their blogs and there was nothing there.  It has become a routine for me to make a cup of tea, feed the cats, check my email and then read my blogs list.   

I think I was feeling withdrawal, I felt panicked that all would be lost.   I managed to survive, I went to the gym instead and spent time on the treadmill listing to my iPod and walking a brisk pace.   The woman next to me ran for the same amount of time.   Oh, the energy of youth.  

Today I am going out with my friends and I made a fruit salad.   I started with a fresh pineapple, oranges, strawberries, blueberries and the hardest, most sour kiwi I have ever tasted in my life.   I love kiwis, they are usually soft and the insides are velvety.   But not this time, I could have used it for a puck.  Only one kiwi, cut in small pieces and sprinkled with a bit of sugar, was used for this salad. It is always a surprise what the crew will bring.  No one brings the same thing. 

The weather is humid and warm, on the way to being hot, but I refuse to turn on the air conditioner  in the middle of May.  Maybe I should to see if the things works.   I did manage to find my electric fan and I feel fine with the air moving.

Nothing else new.  Tomorrow I will go to a genealogy meeting and perhaps a bit of research of my ancestors.

DSC00393

Flowers from the Phipps

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you made good use of the computer being without it's most important page. Oh well, stuff happens.

    ReplyDelete