Monday, April 7, 2014

HELLO APRIL

I just realized that I have not posted since the end of February.   It is starting to warm up, so they say.   It is funny that 56 F seems warm to the lengthy cold winter.  I am glad to see this winter season end.  I hear the same sentiments from anyone I talk to when the subject is mentioned.


Yesterday I went to the Phipps Conservatory to the Spring Flower Show and took a few pictures.   The scent of the hyacinths was in the air.   It amazes that they produce such a fragrance.  I do not have any bulbs planted in my yard because they will be eaten by various woodland creatures.  They do not seem to bother the annuals.

At the end of my visit I usually stop at their coffee shop and get a coffee and a sweet.  They sweets are from a local bakery that is famous for Burnt Almond Tortes. The Torte is unbelievable.   Much to my dismay and disappointment they did not have the little bites, which is about the size of one fourth of a small cupcake.   I talked to the young woman behind the counter and they are not going to have them anymore because of the sugar content.  WHAT !!!!!!  Since when has the coffee shop decided what I should eat or not eat?  

They were not selling huge slices of the damned thing !!!!   I expressed my displeasure at that.    I will not go and buy the whole cake because that really has too many calories...I think I will post it on their FB page and see what they have to say...


1 comment:

  1. Hi Claudia, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete