Thursday, March 19, 2015

FOOD SHRINKING

 

This week I went to the grocery store a few times, as usual.    To my surprise, but not really surprised I noticed the usual 10 pounds of potatoes is now being hawked as 8 pounds ????

The next thing I noticed is the peanut butter has gone from ten ounces to eight and the half gallon of orange juice is now 59 ounces.   We are told by the great and powerful government that the price of food  is not going up.

I don’t know about anyone else, but to me to decrease the size and keep the price the same is a price increase. I read an article that said the reason was consumers did not want the larger packages ????

I wish I had saved the link for that story.   The people in business and the government think we are stupid, perhaps we are because I do not hear much about this size shrinkage of products we use everyday.

1 comment:

  1. You are absolutely right about this. All of the food products are shrinking and seemingly have less quality. Those International Coffees that I love are now 8 oz instead of 10 - - and they are tasteless. I seriously doubt if coffee is in the ingredients. The corn chips that I use to make nachos are now 5 oz. less and much thinner. Candy bars, of course, are half the size that they used to be.

    And it's not only food - - all products are shrinking and are lacking previous quality. Even a bar of soap doesn't last like it used to.

    ReplyDelete