Saturday, March 30, 2019

ELECTRONICS INEPT

For some reason, and I have no idea why,  electronic gizmos fail me.   Last summer, just before the start of my GRIP class my small computer just died.   I woke up one morning and it was very warm, not hot enough to burn the skin but warm to the touch. 

When I turned it on I had the screen of death, the hard drive was dead.  I tried to fire it up for several days but this task failed and I got another one.     The replacement has failed me too, three times.  I think that one was a lemon.   

So I gave the number one computer to my BIL who is computer savvy.   He turned it on and the damn thing started.   I think the computer demons are out to get me in a big time way, or things are starting to regenerate them selves.

Last week I had an iTunes update which I downloaded but restarted to computer when I was finished.  The next day this computer was non functioning too.   It went to the sign in screen and then would not follow any commands.  Hard drive failure the message said,   I took it my BIL too.   The second failure is 5 years old and I will not put money for a new hard drive on an old computer.   I am hoping that when he turns it on the damn thing will work.

I guess that is to hope for a second time around.   My next thought is I hate the pinch zoom feature.  /with no separate buttons for the right and left buttons on the touch pad each time I touch it it is making the page larger or small.   I went to setting and a You Tube Video and what they told me to do did not work because the touch pad is made by someone else.   GRRRRR 

1 comment: