Saturday, April 20, 2019



My daughter and I decided we wanted a beach vacation.   I was able to find a condo on NAGS HEAD NC  It was at the end of the tourist rentals and very quiet, and that is the way I like it.  Perhaps in the summer season there will be much more noise.   

We were able to get in a few hours early and that gave us time to go to the grocery store.   The closest one was FRESH MARKET,  When we arrived and went inside there was Baroque Music playing,  I should have know.   This was a beautiful market and they had a lot of prepared foods, but it was quite expensive, but the food was good.

On Monday morning we drove down HATTERAS ISLAND   A good portion is National Seashore and there are also several villages down the stretch.   At the southern end is the famous CAPE HATTERAS LIGHTHOUSE   A few years ago the lighthouse was in danger of falling into the sea and a project was to MOVE THE LIGHTHOUSE.  That was a great feat and I had watched a Youtube video about the move and you can watch it HERE  this is about an hour film.

This is now three years later, somehow I never finished the post.   After the drive down Hatteras Island wee headed north and low and behold I ran over something on the Bonner Bridge and had a ruined tire.   

I was able to call AAA and they changed it.   You can not use a car jack when the surface is soft sand.   I gave the AAA guy a tip and my husband had to call the Tire Rack and have them ship the tire to the garage, since they did not have one available.     The garage also got a tip because they put it on the car the day before we were to leave to home.

On the way home, near Richmond, we got hit with a roadstone and cracked the windshield.   I was seriously looking for a bear to hit because calamity seems to come in threes.   It was beautiful weather but fraught with hazards and misfortune. 






No comments:

Post a Comment