Friday, August 16, 2019

I am sitting here waiting patiently for fall.   The news reported that July was the hottest since recording keeping but in Western Pennsylvania is was near normal.    I love the cool north breezes and pulling up the comforter when a night gets cold and you did not expect it.  I hate what follows Autumn.

The stores are filled with the leftovers  of summer.    The retailers are practically giving the stuff away, most of which is so ugly that I would not take it for free.    I actually wonder why they design hugh prints that look like my grandmother's wallpaper and hugh horizontal  strips that also make a person look bigger than what they are. 

The autumn colors will be here soon, so far I have seen French's Mustard yellow and some orangey that looks like it belongs in the 1950's.   Most people do not look good in either of those two colors and I won't be buying any of them.  I suppose I will last year and the years before clothes this fall.

2 comments:

  1. This is my fourth summer in Tennessee. The previous ones have been very mild but this year the heat just won't go away. I'm really yearning for autumn (my favorite season) but - like you - I dread what follows autumn.

    I'd like to have fall and spring year-round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete