Tuesday, November 5, 2019

BACK PAIN

I have been having back pain troubles since July.  When you get old you never know what sets it off.  I think it is a combo of old age and old bones.  I was still able to walk on the treadmill daily.   I decided that I need to get healthy after my discovery on my mammogram last year, after surgery and no chemo or radiation I was very lucky.   I can not stress enough the importance of yearly mammograms for women.   Also if a man has an unusual finding in his breast it important to get examined also.   There are about 2,000-3,000 men with breast cancer yearly.   The truth of  the matter is if you have breasts you can get it.

Back to the treadmill,  I am hosting Thanksgiving and we decided we needed to get the rugs cleaned.  We had a treadmill in the family room and we pushed and pulled it to the covered deck.   I think I reinjured the back.   It hurt enough that I went to see the spine guy, he ordered PT and told not to lift and do things like that.   Guess I should listen.

Thursday it is to rain during the day and  GASP   change to snow flurries at night.  Sine I have a Subaru I am not worried much at all. 

My cat Molly was diagnosed with renal disease.   She has to go to the vet and he takes her BP.   One may wonder how you take a BP on a cat.  For those who are wondering this too what he does is use an infant cuff on the base of her tail.   She takes Norvasc for the related hypertension from the renal disease.   She also has to eat a special diet,   low protein.   Molly is going to be 17 and so far she is doing well. 

The other Cat Snowball developed diabetes and takes insulin.  Thank goodness it is a veterinary product and is not outlandishly expensive.   She is on a special diet too.  I spend more on cat health  care than my own.   When these two cats cross over the rainbow bridge that will be it for cats.   I do like them but; when they get old it is expensive.  They are a lot of fun really.

1 comment: