Sunday, November 3, 2019

IT REALLY IS FALL AND ITS FADING FAST.

I was complaining about the lack of fall.  What was surprising is that it was hot, with the AC on and within the week it was colder than usual.   I refused to use the AC and furnace in the same week.

The beginning of  October it was  hot and dry and the rich fall colors have never developed.  There was also a lack of rain.  In PA if it doesn't rain for 10-14 days it is a drought.  The past five or so years the autumnal colors have not been spectacular as usual.  Is this because of the warming temperatures or the dryness?  It remains to be seen.

This weekend I went to one of my favorite places in Pittsburgh.  PHIPPS CONSERVATORY
It is in the City and I like to go on sunny days because I like to capture the sunlight on the flowers and see the light and dark shadows.   Somehow the photo does not look like the thumbprint, I think it lost some pixels


Well this is proving to be an exercise in futility.  The next photo looks washed out when I enlarge it.

This used to be great by now it isn't     I have to look into this.

















3 comments:

  1. That photo is amazing - I love the springlike colors.
    Our autumn here in TN was disappointing. The foliage color only lasted a short time and many of the trees stayed green. I'm wondering if the extremely hot and dry September had anything to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fall theme was Japan and I wonder about the hot dry weather too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete