Friday, March 20, 2020

FRIDAY MARCH 20,2020

Everyday the news is more grim than the last.   I guess the exponential growth is correct.   I read today that there were 645 deaths in Italy today.   By tomorrow it would be 800-1000.   It is just hard to imagine actually.

My daughter goes to work everyday.   She is a RN and works in an operating room.   She said she would not come to visit because she is treating it like she is likely to get exposed.  The elective surgery has been cancelled and visitors cut down to one per patient.  The employees have a separate entrance and the route is blocked off.  The patients and visitors have their own entrance also.   There are two elevators and one is used exclusively for visitors and the other for employees.

I hope this works.  She had been working to 7 PM the past few days and did get to the grocery store.  She stopped on her way home and got what she needed.   She said that the essentials were tagged with a limit of 2 loaves of bread and 2 of many other items.  She gave me one of the loaves. Some of the grocery stores have a special 6 AM time for older people and people with other maladies.   I guess the idea is to decrease the spread of the virus.   The store would be restocked and sanitized during the night.   It seems good in theory and I hope it works.

I hate to listen to the news but it has become an addiction.   It rained all day and some of it was very heavy.  I did not go for a walk, it was just to wet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment